Psychology of Success and Career Coaching
What’s holding you back from having a career and lifestyle that you absolutely desire?
Could it be that you
- Discouraged from a previous job layoff or company downsize
- Unsure about your ideal career, college major or life goals
- In need of direction for getting started in the career world
- You are experienced, but desiring inspiration to recharge energy
- Motivated to improve your job-seeking, self-marketing, and interviewing skills
- Anxious in interviews or self-doubting about your abilities
- Burned out from your current job, yet unsure how to move forward
- Unsure how to successfully package and market your product or skills
- Idealistic, yet you have no structured and effective goal achievement program
- Unsure how to turn your talents into a successful career
- Challenged by any perceived or real adversities, limitations, or disabilities
- You want to change careers and make a transition, and you want help from an expert
……You have yet to discover your untapped potential .….
We often need to re-evaluate our purpose and make life changes, to feel passion again” Dr. Ben Allen
Career Development and the Ultimate Professional Goal Program©
Career & Professional Testing:
- Explore your interests, values, drives, personality style, strengths, skills, purpose and life objectives:
- Additional testing available: mental wellness / stress profile, memory, aptitude and learning style
- Get clear about the career or college major, geographical location, the job and the future you desire
Professional Development / Motivational Coaching:
- Enhance self-marketing and professional skills and gain an edge on the competition
- Write resumes, vitas, cover letters and targeted e-mails that attract interviews
- Develop interviewing, rapport, salary negotiation, mind management, & networking skills that win people over
- Set and achieve desired immediate and long-range goals effectively, and without procrastination
- Learn effective research strategies for locating specific information about careers and companies
- Learn effective ways to use all of the available resources (many which are of no financial cost) for getting the job you want
- Explore how to turn special talents and desires into a successful career or business
Personal Effectiveness Training:
- Biofeedback / stress resiliency: learn how to master stress for good health and professional confidence
- Layoffs recovery plan: Key strategies to renew your attitude, passion, vitality, and marketing attractiveness
- Mental fitness training: enhance memory and mental sharpness for academics and professional life
- Wellness counseling: enhance strength and vitality – achieve optimal health and a mind for success
- Self-mastery training: decrease self-limiting behaviors, marketing phobia; enhance self-discipline-competence
- Success coaching: scientific strategies personalized to help you achieve success
- Ultimate Professional Goal Program©: a multi-level program for developing and achieving clear life objectives. Dr. Ben Allen is a clinical psychologist, career coach, and professional speaker. He received a Master of Business Administration from California Polytechnic State University where he enhanced his degree with additional coursework in marketing and entrepreneurial studies. Following graduate school, he pursued a career in marketing and sales, and over a seven-year period, contributed significantly to the success of two major manufacturing companies. Dr. Allen has both a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology and a Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology.
(Feel healthy, excited, recharged, resilient, and purposeful about your new goals)
The core of success begins with how you present to the professional world and what value you offer to your profession. Dr. Allen coaches how to be successful beginning with presentation and rapport skills. Learn what is needed to meet the criteria of success in the professional world.
(5 strategies for a successful journey
into the professional world)
Dr. Ben Allen can help you to come to understand your great professional potential.
Here is some good news – – you have yet to discover your untapped potential! The completion of college and / or professional training is a major turning point, with exciting new challenges. Within every individual is some unique talent waiting to manifest. The bottom line is that if you love your work and yearn to add value, opportunities and rewards will follow. The challenge is discovering a career with purpose – – where your valuable talents shine! Additionally, we must get in the door of opportunity through good self-marketing skills.
Success will result from the value you offer and convey to the professional world. Adapting to the rules and politics of the work world can seem discouraging at first. However, every career choice you make is shaping the direction of your professional future. Therefore, it is important to make career choices wisely, know your professional value, present your best self, and maximize your marketability.
Here are five principles to help you begin your success in the career world.
- Think “Value-Added” – Employers want to make the best choice of potential employees. Know your professional value and be able to demonstrate it at every interview. Take inventory of your professional assets. Insightfulness, creativity, integrity and perseverance may be just as valuable to a potential employer as credentials. Most importantly, yearn to always progress in building your assets and professional worth. In this modern economy, education and training are life long.
- Be mentally prepared at every interview – You will rise above the competition if you research the potential employer, and know the problem they are trying to solve. Role-play and mentally rehearse the interview, and prepare how you would answer key questions from the interviewer. Convey your concern for the employer and be an astute listener at every interview. Prior to the interview, practice a brief breathing and relaxation exercise and mentally image a successful outcome of the interview. Always be other-centered, very briefly pause before responding to the interviewer’s questions, and feel the spirit of the environment.
- Become a self-marketing expert – In this modern economy, self-marketing will be a lifetime endeavor. Decide right now to always offer more than expected. For every potential job opportunity, present your best self. Learn self-marketing skills, write convincing cover letters, always have a polished and updated resume, and always send follow-up letters or thank you notes. Develop excellent writing, follow-up, and communication skills. Dress for success, look well-groomed, keep energy pure and purposeful.
- There are many people and resources to help you – Networking is your key to success! There are scores of mentors, resource centers, colleagues, and potential contacts to help you succeed. Informational interviewing can enable you to meet and make contacts, and learn about potential careers. The key is to show interest and gratitude from any one who is helpful in assisting your success. Make lots of good contacts and never burn bridges. The contacts you make may help you again in future job transitions.
- Get career tested and set a 5-year plan – You may be in the work world for 45 ++ years of your life. Career testing can optimize your self-knowledge of an ideal career path, and help you to set a plan of action to strive for. Career testing may help you pinpoint your key values, interests, characteristics of an ideal work environment, and the rewards you require for a lifetime of happiness. A 5-year plan targets your ideal goals and sets you on a course for success.