Life After Rehab: Coaching for Transitional Success (Programs for client and family)
The challenge of transitioning from rehabilitation care back to home life can be quite stressful for a recovering and/ or disabled individual. Returning to a different world, one of limitations not previously experienced can present new concerns, such as:
- How can I support myself, and what kind of work and activities will I be able to do?
- How can I find meaning again, and feel purposeful and motivated about my life?
- How will I handle the physical and emotional stress of all these new challenges?
- How can I learn new ways of adapting to my challenges, and regain confidence?
- Will I feel healthy and worthwhile again? Who can I talk to about my feelings and worries?
- Who can help my family and I to cope with the new challenges?
Post-Rehabilitation Psychological / Coaching Services
Psychological and Vocational Assessment
- Cognitive testing (initial or ongoing to measure mental / intellectual challenges and strengths) – enhance skills
- Psychological testing (target emotional concerns, stress profile, and coping strengths) – develop health plan
- Vocational testing (explore potential hobbies, interests, skills and careers) – support career plan
Stress and Pain Management Training / Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Biofeedback and behavioral approaches to help client learn to reduce pain and stress
- Deep relaxation and skills for enhancing resilience to daily stress
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy to enhance mental wellness and coping skills
- Existential counseling (finding meaning and purpose during post-rehab)
- Individual and family therapy (includes stress management for caretakers)
- Music therapy (to enhance wellness, rhythm and harmony, and social interaction)
- Mental / memory fitness strategies for mental rehabilitation or compensatory skills
- Strategies for enhancing social and adaptive skills, motivation, and self-esteem
- Performance skills enhancement (to identify and optimize potential skills)
Career and Wellness Counseling
- Career exploration, professional development, retraining of work behavior, job search and interview support
- Health psychology and wellness coaching to enhance health and vitality